There are many options when it comes to choosing wedding styles, and this provides numerous opportunities for people who are planning a wedding. The first step is always to understand the different styles available so that you choose the one that you feel will work best for you.
Popular Wedding Styles
The popular wedding styles that are preferred by both brides and grooms include:
- Traditional/Classic: This is one of the most popular wedding styles. It is more of a formal ceremony where the bride dresses in a flowing ball gown style white wedding dress. The event is always in a church or in front of a religious leader. The groom and groomsmen always wear tuxedos. There is a bridal party complete with flower girls in elegant attire.
- Contemporary: This style borrows heavily from the traditional style. It just adds a new twist to things by introducing something unique such as changing the design of the attire.
- Vintage: This style borrows from the past era. For instance, it can borrow from the Victorian era and have puffy clothing, hairstyles from the bygone period, and even decorations that belong to a past age. A vintage wedding can have old music playing, depending on the era that it is borrowing the style from. Jazz and country music is a preference for many. For inspiration, you can check out articles on vintage weddings so that you understand how to go about it.
- Rustic: This type of wedding incorporates country life such as the use of timber and natural flowers. They focus more on the experience than they do on the order of how things are done at the wedding.
- Beach: A beach wedding is a good style for people who live near the beach. Exchanging vows while overlooking the shimmering blue water of the ocean or sea can be very romantic.